Monday, November 12, 2012

so-good-you'll-eat-them-out-of-the-garbage baked churros

I will admit that I found this tasty treat on Pinterest but that is nothing to be ashamed of right? 
Especially when it is this tasty! 
Although, she did use a different kind of dough but I couldn't find it so I improvised. 

What you need:
1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 cup Sugar
1 Tbs Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cube Melted Butter

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Lay your crescent rolls out on a cookie sheet and cut them into one inch strips. Don't mind the perforated lines. They almost disappear when you cook them.

Bake the dough for about ten minutes. I just kept an eye on it until it looked like this.
Brush melted butter onto sticks and roll them into your mixed cinnamon and sugar.
Now eat the whole batch.
Or tell your sister to come over and help you eat them all. 

Except let me tell you a story. Caramie might kill me but I can't help it! 
So I made these last night, right? It was late and I ran off to bed without covering the three that were left. 
Morning comes along and they aren't so fresh so I toss them in the garbage. 
Cara came over for lunch later and saw them in my garbage. She couldn't believe I would do such a thing! 
Next thing I know, I look over and there she is... just a munchin on a churro. 
Excuse me?? 
Those were in the garbage. 
Garbage digger. 
I tried to get a picture of it all going down but I wasn't fast enough. Instead, you get a picture of her hiding and laughing because it was one of those moments that I just stared at her like "uh.. are you really doing that?" with big eyes and laughing. 
So funny, it made her weak in the knees. 
In her defense, the only things in the garbage were the leftover cinnamon and sugar and a box from some Christmas lights. 
But still.
Hilarious, right?

1 comment:

  1. yum! and i love how it doesnt seem too hard at all! i am definitely going to have to try those!

    ReplyDelete