Thursday, March 10, 2011

speaking my peace

First, I want to share a pretty funny definition I found on urbandictionary today. Such simple entertainment for a girl like me..

Retard in Aluminum Foil: What a lady's knight in shining armor becomes when she really gets to know him.
"I thought he was my knight in shining armor. Turns out, he was just a retard in aluminum foil!"

Bahaha! I don't know why that is so funny to me but it is. I guess it's just my "Riley-tard"-ness coming out.

. . . . . .

So anyways... back to the reason I decided to write this post. Prepare yourself. Men, take notes. haha This could be good. So my dearest mother and I both sit at work and chat with each other on the Book (facebook). Seeing that we're both SAL (Single And Looking), this was one of our random yet very important conversation topics of the day..

Me: Where is cupid when you need him?
Mom: Scratching his bare butt
Me: Well looks like we need to give him a little call. This girl needs him.
Mom: Ok - here's what I've been trying to figure out lately.
Me: Do tell
Mom: Why do relationships have to be such a game. I know you have to take time to learn about each other and know each other. But how has that turned into such a game. Call, don't call, wait, be aggressive, take it easy... Oh come on. If you like them, get the move on!

Words from the wise? I think so. But seriously. What is this game and who signed me up?! haha Last I checked, I was only signed up for the KISS game. No, I'm not a trollop. It simply stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid. Now I would like to kindly ask the Society of Love to please take me and any others who wish to do so off of the game list and add us to the KISS game. Doesn't it just sound like more fun anyways?! Better yet, let's just abolish the game all together. All in favor, say stupid cupid.

Bahaha Okay. Feel free to judge. But it had to be said. Momma, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

..miss ri..

No comments:

Post a Comment