Monday, June 4, 2012

the (cross your fingers and hope we can pull this off) decor

My mom told me I have to post the decor pictures next.
I do what my mom says (most of the time).
You're lucky because I was going to save this for last..
You can thank her.

Just one problem... I don't know where to start!

Remember that none of these pictures even compare to how it was. I will do my best at explaining how everything was but... it could get tricky!

Let's start with refreshments!

This was the refreshment... tent? Booth? Area.

These my friends... are push pops. We had all sorts! S'mores, parfaits, mint chocolate with brownies...
And this is what was above you while you were snatching up those tasty treats! Might seem a bit odd here but.. it was SO cute.

25 years
So instead of having somewhere for advice, we went with this. Guests could write where they saw us in 25 years hung them up for us to read later. They are so fun to read through!
Here are the papers and pins used to hang the predictions.
And HERE are a few on the string! With our rings :)

The seating areas.
I have always wanted to have seating areas at my reception for two reasons. One, because I have been to plenty of receptions that I have to endure the entire two hours. I wanted my close ones to have somewhere to sit and be comfortable! And two, because I wanted my reception to be somewhere that our guests would feel comfortable and want to hang out.

At this seating area, we played a slideshow of pictures of when Kel and I were just young tikes.


The video
Here is where we showed our date video/bridal shoot. Our videographer also added some footage that he got at the temple. It was perfect!
We served some of my moms homemade chocolate chip cookies and some chocolate milk by the video. Mmm!


And now... I think they're all just a jumbled mess! So I'll explain the pictures that need an explanation and just let you enjoy the ones that don't!


One table for the guests. One of my favorites. It was my grandmas table! Precious!
This was our sign in book... uh... letters. Instead of a book, our guests signed letters and they turned out adorable!





No, Kelly is not a pilot.. but if you refer back to a previous post {here}, this is where/how Kel proposed. In this very plane!







This was our cake table! I wish that you could see the cakes a little better because they're real cute!

And that's it kids! I honestly wish that you could capture the feeling that was created on camera but I don't know if it's possible! Maybe our video will help.. I don't know. 

Honestly, my mom did amazing. She made allll of this happen! I mean, there were a lot of helping hands but my mom was the brain behind it all! 

And let's be honest, we were a bit afraid that it wouldn't all come together but guess what?! It did!! Thank heavens......

No comments:

Post a Comment